HELP INFANTS GET THE NUTRITION THEY NEED
The Spoobie™ is a breastfeeding friendly spoon designed to facilitate the initiation and continuation of breastfeeding. The unique grooved lip provides a structured and direct path for the infant’s tongue. The curvature conforms to the natural curve of the infant’s lip/gum line, allowing for full, unobstructed tongue extension. Conditioning the tongue to extend out as far as possible creates a better breastfeeder and helps mom make more milk.
Instructions to fill:
Colostrum: Hold Spoobie™ with open end of spoon facing upward, directly under nipple.
Mature Milk: Hold Spoobie™ directly over nipple, spoon side down and perform normal hand expression.
Instructions to feed:
- Gently tip spoon so that breast mink flows into the spoon reservoir.
- Bring Spoobie™ under infant's nose and allow him to smell breast milk.
- Observe infant's tongue passing through channel to 'lap' up milk.
- Mature milk is thin and may flow quickly from tube to spoon. Tilt spoon to maintain flow of milk into spoon reservoir.
- Hold Spoobie™ as you would a pencil, between thumb and forefinger, right below reservoir.
- Reputable websites to learn hand expression technique: